OCEAN & SEA LIFE

There are 4 major threats to our oceans and underwater sea life. Oceans and provide an abundance of resources for our planet, with 97% of earth's water in oceans.  Remaining 3% of water is in glaciers and ice caps, and a small percent is fresh water and exists as vapor in the atmosphere.  Our expansive oceanic underwater is facing extreme danger.  There is still time to make a difference but individuals and the governmental bodies need to act now. 

FTcommercial_0.jpg
Threat #1:  OVERFISHING

Overfishing continues to threaten fish stocks and fisheries worldwide.  If it continues, more species will be driven to extinction and more ecosystems will collapse

Acidification.jpg
Threat #2:  ACIDIFICATION

Ocean acidification is primarily caused by carbon dioxide gas in the atmosphere dissolving into the ocean.  This leads to lower pH in the water making it more acidic which puts an enormous strain in the ocean chemistry.  Greater acidity collapses food chains, corrodes polar seas, contributes to dying coral reefs, and mass extinction of sea life.

e6236185-a051-47cc-bba8-a3db46840802.JPG
Threat #3:  GLOBAL WARMING

I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy. Just click “Edit Text” or double click me to add your own content and make changes to the font. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you.

Pollution.jpg
Threat #4:  POLLUTION

I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy. Just click “Edit Text” or double click me to add your own content and make changes to the font. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you.